Join Greenpop for their Fynbos for the Future Open Planting Days!
They have two Fynbos for the Future planting days coming up and we are looking for some hands to help them out. Sign-up to volunteer and help plant fynbos gardens at under-greened schools in Cape Town! Participants can assist with:
- Planting of fynbos plants
- Weeding and garden maintenance
- Propagation of additional plants
These planting days will take place at various schools in the Cape Town area, and participants will plant alongside learners from the school.
- Tuesday, 8 November 2022 – Alicedale Primary School (Athlone)
- Tuesday, 15 November 2022 – Highlands Primary School (Mitchells Plain)
How much does it cost? This is a free volunteering opportunity
How long is a plant day? Plant days run from 09:00 – 12:00
Is transport provided? No, unfortunately, volunteers will be responsible for their own transport to the school.
What should I bring?: Water, a snack, sunscreen, a hat, clothes that can get dirty and a face mask. Gardening gloves are also useful, but not essential.
Keen to lend a hand? Sign-up below to reserve your spot on a plant day.